In order to take this class, students must have completed all core and optional curricula from Shoden and Chūden, show a flawless understanding of tension line handling and a humble, respectful attitude towards the art and their partner.
- Muganawa: Suppression of ego, a sense of selflessness. The rigger becomes like a ghost, only facilitating the rope, not showing their presence.
- Mizuhiki: “Water Pulling”, the extremes of special abstraction and expression of “paint on a canvas.”
- Shingyōsō: Levels of formalities or symmetry; a grading of quality and expression.
- Ebi Shibari – Shrimp tie
- Gyaku Ebi Shibari – Reverse shrimp tie
- Tangan Shibari – Plea Tie.
- Tonbo Shibari – Dragonfly tie
- Fudō Ippon Shibari – Immovable Single-point tie
- Teashikubi Heiretsu Shibari – Wrists and Ankles Parallel tie
- Tengu Shibari – Mountain demon tie.
In order to progress past this level, the student must be able to demonstrate:
- Speed (under 3 minutes each)
- understanding of the concepts.
Final test includes combining any three of the ties in a single demonstration.