The Introduction class is our entry level class, for those who are curious to learn about the art of Shibari and Kinbaku and begin their journey. This class also includes a demonstration of a full tie and volunteers are welcome.
- History: A brief timeline of hojōjutsu, shibari, kinbaku, and S/m in Japan and the world.
- Rope: Rope types (nylon, cotton, silk, hemp, and jute), and their applications, pros/cons.
- Safety: Some basic safety details (friction burn, avoiding articulations, etc.)
- Katabō Musubi (Hon Musubi) – The Single-Column Tie
- Nijūbō Musubi (Nippon Musubi) – The Double-Column Tie
- Kusari Musubi – Chain Knot
- Nawa Maki – Rope Wrapping